Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcgyvr2009i

Check out my 4 month old Mexican Fan palm seedlings

mcgyvr2009i
11 years ago

Hi. I have grown these mexican fan palm seedlings for about 4 months. I germinated them from seed. I was recommended these seeds from Banana Joe on facebook/youtube. You probably already know him, if not, Check him out! He has some good plant videos. Anyway, I planted some of these seeds and kept them on the pilot lights on my gas stove, during the hottest part of the summer and I found out that the seedlings sprouted in 1-2 weeks. It's very fast and very amazing! So, here we are 4 months later after a battle between my mexican palms and my cats, and they've been recovering pretty well recently:

Here's Mexican Fan Palm seedling 1

It's impossible to see right now, but a third spear leaf is just starting to come up ^^

Here's another perspective:

You can see that it kind of looks like a regular old grass plant

Here's my 2nd seedling:

This one is supposed to have 3 leaves but the very first leaf died... thanks to my cat's.

And now for the other perspective:

This is the newest leaf.

They would probably be MUCH bigger, if the cats just left them alone. But you know how little fur balls like cats are, they LOVE plants. But any who, I just wanted to share these with you. And don't forget to check out Banana Joe's plant videos if you haven't heard of him.

Cheers!

A fellow gardner

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor