Wishing each & everyone a very Merry CHRISTmas

dixieboy
12 years ago

{{gwi:1180658}}

{{gwi:1123813}}

Comments (11)

• Downeastmd
    12 years ago

And a Very Merry CHRISTmas to you Dixieboy!

• butiaman
    12 years ago

Hey dixieboy,
    I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Joyous and happy New Year.
    I'm glad to see you posting,haven't seen or heard from you in a while.Looks warm just looking at your pics.Can you post a pic.of your S.brazoria again?I'm thinking of buying some seeds for sale on Ebay.I cant find any in a 3 to 7gal.size at a reasonable price.One Palm Company wants 50 dollars for a 3gal.and they just have strap leaves.Those palms are hard to find anyhow at a company that does mail orders.Season Greetings.
    Your Friend,Randy

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Randy, just about finished with repairs to the house from Irene, took this one of our brazoria back in November, it came through the storm in fairly good shape!
    {{gwi:1180659}}

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Posting these three also, one minor i had to completely HC because of Irene, #2, my next door neighbors house got destroyed & so this is the replacement, modual home up on pilings. #3, had to chop up our sago a little in order to do siding repairs.
    {{gwi:1153384}}

{{gwi:1180660}}

{{gwi:1119717}}

• butiaman
    12 years ago

Hey dixieboy,
    I hope everyone is ok.I didn't know y'all got hit so bad by Irene.I knew it came up the east coast but that's about it.I didn't hear what places got hit and what places didn't.

The S.brazoria looks like I remember.Did it suffer much damage?How are your big Butia palms doing?What about the rest of them,how are they?I hope none of them got to much damage.You have such a beautiful yard,and I know it takes years for most palms to get as big as yours.I also know what it's like to lose a palm you've had for years.

We have been lucky so far this year.It's been warmer than normal and drier than normal.We have had a couple severe thunderstorms,but for the most part they have gone north or south of Douglasville.

Well,once again I hope everyone made it through Irene ok.You can replace plants,but you cant replace a life.

Sincerely,Randy

• tropicalzone7
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone! Glad to see your plants doing better dixieboy. I know that Irene caused quite a bit of damage by you. It looks like everything is starting to look back to normal again though! The palms look great!

-Alex

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas to you as well! Thank you for sharing your photos with us again. I always love your photos because they feature my two favorite types of plants, Palms and Pines (conifers). Best of both worlds. Now if only there were mountains down that way, I would move there in a heartbeat! Alas, I'm forced to choose, and I dont see myself moving to the west coast anytime soon, if ever, though I do love the Seattle area.

Thanks for sharing!

Ken

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hello Dixie,

Sorry im late to the party!!!

Happy New Year to you!!!

The trees look like they are doing great!!

Hope all is well in N.C.

Temps here in VB have been pleasantly mild...

Now, im waiting for January!!! Yikes!!!

Take care,

Laura

• bradleyo_gw
    12 years ago

Merry belated CHRISTmas to you Carl! Glad to see everything is returning to normal.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Hey Carl,

I forgot to mention that Irene did hit you all hard as i remember, how are the sheds? did you rebuild? The house was spared, right?

Have a wonderful New Year!!! You deserve it, you were so lucky to have escaped without even more damage...

Hi Ken,

SOOOOOOOooooo nice to see you!!! Hope your move was a pleasant one? DID you leave me any of those good looking conifers? LOL... Is your email the same?

Hi Randy...

Hi ALex..

Hi Bradleyo!!!

Hi everyone... : )

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Laura

• dixieboy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone, things are pretty much back to normal here, just a few repairs here & there. Some folks in our area though sad to say are still without there original homes & even some don't look like will be returning, Irene really did a number on us in the Pamlico sound immediate area.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County