Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long Island Report By Kokomo JB

Posted by Kokomo-JB 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 13:10

I hope this post finds everyone Happy & Healthy!

It's was a cold end to November and December has been freezing with below average temps and wind chills bringing down to single digits. We've had a modest snow storm and are about to get hit again with another 3-6 inches. I'm happy to report that I have none of my palms wrapped and they are all doing fine...Thank G-d!!

Overall I have a total of 60 palms planted throughout Nassau County. Most are Windmills, couple of Pindos, Dwarf Palms and Needles. My customers have reported in with no failures at all. Here are some specimens that are planted on my property which covers the gambit of the super cold hardy genre.

Probably will be wrapping the Pindos by mid January...might leave the rest alone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long Island Report By Kokomo JB

The two windmills in the above picture are:
8-9 feet and 12-13 feet tall

o
RE: Long Island Report By Kokomo JB

Same fellas in last week's storm. Check out one of my Pindos (back left) whose fronds are totally weighted down from the snow.

This post was edited by Kokomo-JB on Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 15:50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here