Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 13:11

Pindo has been strong and very hardy. This one is a 9 footer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long Island Pindo By Kokomo JB

Taking like a Champ

o

Nice palm. Do you plan on protecting any of your palms?

o

Great Question...
I met 2 guys that sell and install Windmills up here as a summer side business. They claim that in the 4 years they have been doing it, none have died and most were never protected. I'm thinking that I will protect the Pindos and let the Windmills, Needles and Dwarf Palmettos tough it out. My Needles and Dwarfs are large and container grown so they were planted with full roots systems intact. The Windmills are huge and even though they came B & B, their age and size gives them high marks on the hardiness factor.

o

Looking great! I gave up on pindos after one of mine died from seeing 14F last winter. They are such beautiful palms and definitely have good cold tolerance since the year before one of my pindos survived the entire winter with no protection!
Thanks for sharing!
-Alex

o

Thanks Alex. I'm hoping the size and maturity of mine give it the maximum hardiness to stand up to our winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here