Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Been awhile. Got some pics

Posted by bradleyo (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 27, 10 at 18:45

Hey all, long time no post. Been busy since spring with many projects and until this recent vacation, don't get on the computer long enough to post. I haven't posted since spring so I have a few old pics to post. I didn't actually take a lot of pics this year.

Here's me with my banana from Sept.

Photobucket

On the right, my souvenir from the Outer Banks this year. Minor on the left in the corner is about to undergo winter #2

Photobucket

Corner minor made a nice comeback from last winter

Photobucket

Bed in bottom right corner is new this year, I've already extended it.

Photobucket

Xeric bed filling in. I had a few new additions this year from Triple Oaks and Jim Kelly

Photobucket

Water line blew up this year

Photobucket

7 feet deep

Photobucket

Banana came back from corm. Trunk rotted aver the winter in storage.

Photobucket

McCurtain in foreground and needle behind going into winter #2, palmetto behind them going into winter #1.

Photobucket

Palmetto going in to winter

Photobucket

Needle

Photobucket

I'll post a few more in another thread

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Been awhile. Got some pics

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Glad everything looked so nice this summer and is doing good!
Good luck!
-Alex

o

Beautiful!

Glad your waterline wasn't under your plants!

My Y.gloriosa flowered this year and put out
quite a few babies.....hopefully it will throw
out a branch or two and not lose it's size.

That Abyssinian is going to be a monster next year!

Click for Fairfield, Iowa Forecast

o

Jim, the Abyssinian should be great if I can save it. Last year the entire trunk rotted in storage, I didn't know if it would come back but just stuck it in the ground and hoped. Well, it came back. I had stored it exactly the same way as I had 2 years ago, which is bare root. I'm trying it in a pot this winter with minimal light and water. Hopefully I can keep all the trunk. It's still throwing out big leaves but it's hurting for light, and it's so big I have no place to keep it where it would get any more light. Actually that just sparked an idea. My master bathroom faces south....... but no the wife will probably not allow it. Or would she?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Palms & Cycads Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here