Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jblaschke

HAVE: P. incarnata seed, rooted p. Incense

jblaschke
17 years ago

I've got a bunch of incarnata seed I'm willing to trade or offer for SASEs. The mother plant is a Texas native I wild collected. Large leaves and large flowers that are 4+ inches across. Seriously, this one had flowers as large as my Incense, if not larger. Here's a pic:

{{gwi:1123696}}

The fruit were the size of goose eggs, and tasted like your average maypop fruit. The pollen donor was an incarnata originally from Georgia, I believe. The flowers were smaller, around 3", a little darker with a denser corona. The fruit on that were about the size of kiwi fruit with an average maypop flavor. The Texas incarnata has died to the ground with the handful of light freezes we've had as of today, but the Georgia one still has fleshy green stems although it's dropped its leaves. So the seeds will contain a mix of those traits.

I also have four Incense sprouts grown from roots I dug up a month ago. They're all roughly a foot tall. Each one has at least a 4" long section of rhizome root, so even if the vegetative part of the plant suffers an untimely demise you should have enough root for it to regrow.

I also have some Coral Vine/Queen's Wreath seeds as well as Buckley's Yucca seeds, if your tastes extend beyond the passiflora.

I'm interested in most passiflora (picky when I'm buying plants myself, not so picky when trading) but willing to entertain any offer. :-)

Comments (11)

• christine_gardener
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I would love to have some of your P. Incarnata seeds or even some of your P.Incense sprouts. I am new to Passiflora and don't have any to trade at this time but please look at my list and let me know if anything interests you. Thanks so much

Christine

• justgettinstarted
    17 years ago

I would LOVE to have some passion flower seeds! I am just starting out so I dont really have much to offer.

• roxxanne
    17 years ago

I have some Japanese Morning glorys if you like vines, also Hyacinth beans. If not vines I have loads of other seeds. What do you like? I'd love some of the incarnata seeds and also some incense, seeds or sprouts, do you have any left???? LMK
    Roxanne
    Do you like canna?

• abdielg
    17 years ago

I have P. quadrangulatis (Giant Granadilla) unrooted cuttings that I am willing to trade for P. incarnata.

• jblaschke
    Original Author
    17 years ago

abdielg, email me. We can work something out. Roxanne, I'll email you soon.

• poizzuniv
    17 years ago

Hello. New member here. I would really like some passion flower seeds. I am a very new member with not a lot to offer. Please email me and let me know if you like houseplants. I have several, a lot of rare ones too.
    poizzun_iv@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
    Michael

• plantpaula
    16 years ago

Hi, If you still have any of the Passi Incense sprouts I'd really like to have one. If you check my bio and don't like anything I have to trade I'd be willing to pay for it. I've been trying to grow Passi's from seed with no luck. I also had a sprout that was about 14 inches high that just died. I don't know why. I really need help getting a Passi to grow!
    Thanks,
    Paula

• jblaschke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just to let everyone know, I am OUT of seeds. I should have a bunch more by midsummer, but as of May 2007, I have none left to share or trade. Thanks.

• newtoucan
    12 years ago

I would like some passiflora incense seeds or rhizomes. Can offer many different seeds or $.

• countryladies14
    8 years ago

I realize this is an older thread, but thought to see if anyone had any Passiflora seeds for trade? I do not have any Passiflora to trade at this time, last year I had some but couldn't get them to germinate. I want to try again next year and I have some Giant White Datura and Harlequin Honeysuckle seeds I can trade for them. I also have a few Split Personality Vine seeds to trade. Please email me! kim@purplegoo.ca

Thank you!

Kim

• koulan08
    8 years ago

Hi,
    I would love to have some of your P. Incarnata seeds

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio