Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jblaschke

HAVE: P. incarnata seed, rooted p. Incense

jblaschke
17 years ago

I've got a bunch of incarnata seed I'm willing to trade or offer for SASEs. The mother plant is a Texas native I wild collected. Large leaves and large flowers that are 4+ inches across. Seriously, this one had flowers as large as my Incense, if not larger. Here's a pic:

{{gwi:1123696}}

The fruit were the size of goose eggs, and tasted like your average maypop fruit. The pollen donor was an incarnata originally from Georgia, I believe. The flowers were smaller, around 3", a little darker with a denser corona. The fruit on that were about the size of kiwi fruit with an average maypop flavor. The Texas incarnata has died to the ground with the handful of light freezes we've had as of today, but the Georgia one still has fleshy green stems although it's dropped its leaves. So the seeds will contain a mix of those traits.

I also have four Incense sprouts grown from roots I dug up a month ago. They're all roughly a foot tall. Each one has at least a 4" long section of rhizome root, so even if the vegetative part of the plant suffers an untimely demise you should have enough root for it to regrow.

I also have some Coral Vine/Queen's Wreath seeds as well as Buckley's Yucca seeds, if your tastes extend beyond the passiflora.

I'm interested in most passiflora (picky when I'm buying plants myself, not so picky when trading) but willing to entertain any offer. :-)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio