Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: P. incarnata seed, rooted p. Incense

Posted by jblaschke 8b TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 11, 07 at 14:28

I've got a bunch of incarnata seed I'm willing to trade or offer for SASEs. The mother plant is a Texas native I wild collected. Large leaves and large flowers that are 4+ inches across. Seriously, this one had flowers as large as my Incense, if not larger. Here's a pic:

IncarnataEbay

The fruit were the size of goose eggs, and tasted like your average maypop fruit. The pollen donor was an incarnata originally from Georgia, I believe. The flowers were smaller, around 3", a little darker with a denser corona. The fruit on that were about the size of kiwi fruit with an average maypop flavor. The Texas incarnata has died to the ground with the handful of light freezes we've had as of today, but the Georgia one still has fleshy green stems although it's dropped its leaves. So the seeds will contain a mix of those traits.

I also have four Incense sprouts grown from roots I dug up a month ago. They're all roughly a foot tall. Each one has at least a 4" long section of rhizome root, so even if the vegetative part of the plant suffers an untimely demise you should have enough root for it to regrow.

I also have some Coral Vine/Queen's Wreath seeds as well as Buckley's Yucca seeds, if your tastes extend beyond the passiflora.

I'm interested in most passiflora (picky when I'm buying plants myself, not so picky when trading) but willing to entertain any offer. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: P. incarnata seed, rooted p. Incense

Hi,
I would love to have some of your P. Incarnata seeds or even some of your P.Incense sprouts. I am new to Passiflora and don't have any to trade at this time but please look at my list and let me know if anything interests you. Thanks so much

Christine

o
Passiflora

I would LOVE to have some passion flower seeds! I am just starting out so I dont really have much to offer.

o

I have some Japanese Morning glorys if you like vines, also Hyacinth beans. If not vines I have loads of other seeds. What do you like? I'd love some of the incarnata seeds and also some incense, seeds or sprouts, do you have any left???? LMK
Roxanne
Do you like canna?

o

I have P. quadrangulatis (Giant Granadilla) unrooted cuttings that I am willing to trade for P. incarnata.

o

abdielg, email me. We can work something out. Roxanne, I'll email you soon.

o

Hello. New member here. I would really like some passion flower seeds. I am a very new member with not a lot to offer. Please email me and let me know if you like houseplants. I have several, a lot of rare ones too.
poizzun_iv@yahoo.com

Thanks again!
Michael

o

Hi, If you still have any of the Passi Incense sprouts I'd really like to have one. If you check my bio and don't like anything I have to trade I'd be willing to pay for it. I've been trying to grow Passi's from seed with no luck. I also had a sprout that was about 14 inches high that just died. I don't know why. I really need help getting a Passi to grow!
Thanks,
Paula

o

Just to let everyone know, I am OUT of seeds. I should have a bunch more by midsummer, but as of May 2007, I have none left to share or trade. Thanks.

o

I would like some passiflora incense seeds or rhizomes. Can offer many different seeds or $.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here