Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free Seeds! (Just pay shipping and handling) : )

Posted by abdielg (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 20:17

Hey everyone,

I just harvested some seeds of Passiflora sublanceolata x foetida. Since I have already succesfully crossed this before (the flowers just bloomed a few days ago!), these seeds are extra and up for grabs. I have two packs with 7 seeds each, so if anyone is interested, just email me so that you can send me a pre-stamped and self-addressed envelope so I can send them off to you.

These seeds are fresh, so they should germinate very quickly. The plants are very easy to grow, and bloom quickly too.

The flowers are similar to Maurizio Vecchia's hybrid, 'Aurora', but obviously not as spectacular. Anyways, I like my hybrid more than either one of the original parents, and it's always fun to try something different. The flowers these seeds will produce will most likely be a little bit different, and who knows, they might even be better than my cross!

I still have some similar crosses and backcrosses that are still ripening up, so if you are interested in some of these just recheck this post in the next few days or weeks.

Passiflora sublanceolata

Photobucket

Passiflora foetida (grows wild in some neighborhoods down here in St. Petersburg, Florida)

Photobucket

Passiflora sublanceolata x foetida

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free Seeds! (Just pay shipping and handling) : )

Oh, isn't that beautiful?!!!! Here on the exchanges, you can only charge for postage - not handling.

o

Sorry you guys,

I was just kidding about the handling. I've already gotten quite a few emails reminding me you only have to pay shipping for exchanges, but please be assured you would only have to send a prepaid envelope.

I hope I haven't scared to many people away!

o

I also crossed my sublanceolata with a foetida but the resulting plants looked almost exactly like the sublanceolata. The corona is nicer on yours. My sublancelata was the pod parent and foetida the pollinator.

o

If you still have seeds, I am definitely interested. Please emil me at jhlt301@aol.com.

o

Please let me know if you have any more seed. E-mail me at gwat1@tx.rr.com Thanks!

o

Wow. Amazing. If you have any more seeds, I'd be interested. featheredtar@gmail.com. And do you have any advice for growing them indoors as I see you have done? I'm growing mine (once they germinate) under a 400 Watt Metal Halide grow light. Is there are way to coerce them to flower?

o

Hi..also sent u a personal e-mail a few days ago..would really like to know if u have harvested any more seeds of this beautiful passi! TIA..Carolyn

o

Hi, I'm new in this forum.
If you have some seeds about your pretty passi I'm interested. My mail is musella@izi.re I'll pay shipping and handling and I can exchange with tropical plant seeds. I live in Reunion Island.
Also if someone knows where to exchange Passiflora sublanceolata seeds...
Thanks a lot

o

ill be more than happy to pay for some of these beauties

o

Your Passiflora are Beautiful!! If you have any seeds left I would Love to have some. I'm not new to gardening, but have had 2 years of bad health and SO many things died. I'm back with a vengeance and a new Passi would be so very welcome. My email is
grannybeans55@yahoo.com.
Thank you for considering me!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here