Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Ruby Glo, Alata, or Whatever You Call It.

Posted by floridabear Fla (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 15, 06 at 23:46

My Ruby Glow vine totally died,all 100 feet of it. I have spent nearly $45 on tiny cuttings from Ebay,and all have died.
I am so desperate for this vine. some call it Ruby Glo, others, Ruby Glow, other Alata. The huge red heavy flower that is just fantastic. does anyone have any rooted cuttings,bigger than a 4in stick with 2 leaves, that would be willing to trade to me. I have nothing at the moment to trade...except maybe postage and a little more. I am trying to not get this posting booted off. I just need this vine so badly. I cant find it on EBay,they all die and for the price, it is unreal! I miss my vine...anyone have some rooted vine for a fellow passion vine lover?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Ruby Glo, Alata, or Whatever You Call It.

You might check your local home depot- Last time I was in the one in Chico they had about 15 of them.

If they don't have one at the moment maybe they can order one for you.

I'd just make you a cutting of mine but simply haven't had much luck getting the thing to root.

o
RE: WANTED: Ruby Glo, Alata, or Whatever You Call It.

I bought P. alata seeds off Ebay last January from josam5. They were very inexpensive and easier to germinate than any other Passie seed I've tried. They produced numerous, huge vines outdoors here in Indiana which grew between 10-25 feet at least. I wish I had rooted some when I had to cut them all back to bring them in this September, but was very busy at the time. Otherwise, I'd be happy to trade. All I can advise is trying to get them going from seed. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here