Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: free passiflora caerulea seeds for sasbe

Posted by mark4321 9b CA Sunset 15/16 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 5, 08 at 21:08

Hi,

Free seeds for SASBE. I have 8 packs, each of which has 8 seeds. I'm not 100% sure they are P. caerulea--they certainly looked like them and the pulp is intensely red. So you are taking a chance.

As you may have guessed, I don't own the plant--I was visiting our city's demonstration garden and one of the master gardeners encouraged me to take some fruits (and make life easier for the maintenance people...).

By the way, the 64 seeds (actually there were 67) were found in 3 fruits. The fruits were far from full.

So I don't know what might come of these, and whether they are viable. I'm planting some tonight and I encourage anyone who gets these to keep in touch. Maybe it will be something interesting.

By the way, the 64 seeds (actually there were 67) were found in 3 fruits. The fruits were far from full.

It's highly likely it's P. caerulea, though!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: free passiflora caerulea seeds for sasbe

Sorry for the repetition and the lower case genus names, etc...I tried to fix it. Why does the posting system screw with capitalization in the subject line?

o

I am interested in getting some passion flower seeds,I'll trade ya for SASBE.Plmk

o

I heard back from the Master Gardener. The plant is indeed P. caerulea, from Raintree Nursery.

o

Please, Please. I would love some of this! I will grow any variety of passiflora I can get my hands on. Passies have, in my opinion, the most unusual and beautiful flowers in the world. I will pay postage, and I also have many plants I could trade.
jkrup44@bellsouth.net

o

yes, i would like to have some of your passiflora caerulea seeds foe a sasbe

o

Iknow this is a long shot but I would love some of this!
Please tell me that you still have some available.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here