Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Hawaiian passionfruit

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

Hello everybody,

I know I don't post here very often but I recieved some Hawaiian passionfruit seeds last summer. I started them right away and ended up with a ton of seedlings. I want to say I had at least 50 or so. Over the summer months I continued to thin them as they grew. I got rid of at least 30 or so before fall arrived. Now, I am down to 8.

I planted 5 of them around a potted dead citrus tree. I did this about a month ago, and they have all ready grown to the top and they all have there true leaves. I was told that this variety will easily flower and fruit. The woman who sent them to me, has a neighbor that grew hers from seed and tmy seeds came from these fruits.

The flowers themselves are white with the purple filaments(I think this is the right terminology!). The fruit is a golden yellow and is supposed to be delicious!

I still have 3 more that I just repotted. They are still about a foot tall but I expect them to take off like the others now that they have been repotted.

I would like to know if anyone would like these 3 vines. I know that temps are way too cold to ship them anywhere right now. Tonight we are supposed to hit -7 with wind chills in the negative teens to possibly twenties! OUCH!! I am so over winter!!

I would like to trade these for fruiting varieties. If I cannot get anyone who wants to trade for fruiting varieties, I would like a pssionflower that has a nice fragrance.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Andrew

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!