Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diospyros4luna

Passiflora Seed Trading? Cuttings and Species Q.

diospyros4luna
18 years ago

Is there a seed exchange for just passifloras? I looked but didn't find one. I guess if anyone is interested in trading you can just check out my list... I don't have passifloras right now but I have other unusual items. I really want to get started with more varieties.

Now to my other questions. Do your passifloras fruit indoors in sunny windows? Mine are recovering from last season's gulf fritillary damage so they aren't large enough at the moment, but if they were, is it likely they would flower and not drop their flowers and fruit?

Also, is rooting cuttings the same for all passifloras or do different species require different treatment?

I have P. incarnata outdoors and P. moriflora, P. lauriflora, P. 'Lady Margaret', P. alato-caerulea, and a few unidentified... I planted seeds of P. foetida, P. molissima, and P. edulis... but then a friend knocked over the seed trays and they got all mixed up. I piled the dirt back into the tray and they came up anyway but I'm not sure who is who. One has pale, soft, fuzzy smaller leaves and one has large glossy leaves that don't have much of the typical passiflora shape... but that could be the plant's young age? It seems like only 2 out of the 3 came up, but maybe 2 of them look similar.

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored