Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recently hooked

Posted by greenman62 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 17, 14 at 16:26

Hi
This was my first year growing passiflora
Last pring i planted a few Incarnata seeds, and had a VERY large plant by the end of fall, with several flowers
but only 1 fruit ripened.
It tasted like heaven !!!
I am HOOKED.

I live near New Orleans and am wondering what are some other varieties i can grow ?

I have a heat-mat and a greenhouse
i grow a lot of papaya, guava and other stuff.
I can plant them now, but i really want them in the ground so they can proliferate in the New Orleans sun

Also, am very open to trade if anyone has seeds for another variety i can grow.
I have lots of stuff.
(not passiflora though)
or, can gladly pay postage

thanks
Brad

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recently hooked

• Posted by soaht Central CA 9B (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 21:43

Brad,

If you liked incarnata fruits, wait till you try a good p. edulis variety. I've heard purple possum is a good tasting purple variety. Being in 9b, you can get a way with more than just incarnata. Have you checked well spring nursery on ebay for the pasiflroa variety they have? I think they have p, edulis and p. edulis possum purple for a very good price. I have one of the PP, but hasn't grown much for me, since I got it last year late in the growing season. Hopefully i'll get to try some fruits this year from it. I have some rooted cuttings of regular p. edulis, if you would like one, I can send a rooted cutting to you in the spring. Then, in the summer, I could send you cuttings of my p. edulis "Panama Gold". It is a commercial variety from Australia, said to have very large fruit and sweet tasting.

Seng

Here is a link that might be useful: well spring gardens

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here