Photobucket

The Fruit

Photobucket

The Seedlings

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P.Amethyst x ????????

I'm curious about the variety as well, as it appears to be similar to what I have (NOID).
Passion Flower

Took that photo this morning. First bloom of the season this year.

Ryan

o

Ryan I Know That it is Amethyst

I ment what do you think the Seedling will turn out like as I have NO Idea what the Flowers were Pollinated with, Dad Doesn't know either.... Could the Resulting Hybrid be something that's New????? Don't think I've got the Topic Titel right

*Blush* And I SO Can't Spell tonight! *Blush*

o
Update

Well the Seedlings have got their 1st Tendrils and Ture Leaves.... *Whooot*
Photos to Follow...

o

All Passifloras are self-fertile, although a previous owner of the property may have invented something... Did you check with a website for France's natural wildflowers? The Passiflora incarnata ("Maypop") is a wildflower in Oklahoma USA. (It looks the same but is a darker purple)

o

Dad Bought and put in the Amethyst...
The whole point of this post is to wonder what it was pollinated with and what the seedling might look like
Hope I'm making better sense now

o

Most Passiflora are not self-fertile. Amethyst is certainly not, as it is a pollen-sterile hybrid. It crosses well with P. caerulea, so if there is one nearby, that would be my guess. There are several named hybrids from that cross.

o

Thank you soooo much for that information kiwinut! I've been going nuts trying to figure out why I'm not getting fruit! I have a coccinea x vitifolia (a guess i'm making from many varified photos) nearby, and couldn't figure it out, lol.

Ninecrow, although kiwinut truly answered your question, (and one I've had) I often see wasps and butterflies on mine. but obviously to no avail, i must have the true amethyst specie.

Nicci
ginodiavonti@gmail.com
pollywogsworldoffrogs.com
ginodiavonti.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here