Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angie83_gw

atropurpurea question

angie83
17 years ago

Hi are the leafs on this passion flower suppose to be alittle yellowed or do I need some iron for this guy.Its under lights all day and I got it a week ago so not sure if the leafs should be this color,

Its a Atropurpurea passiflora want to keep this guy healthy.

Comments (7)

• karyn1
    17 years ago

The leaves look pretty yellow but maybe it's just in shock from the move. I wouldn't give it a full strength fertilizer yet but maybe a shot of Superthrive and/or B1 would help. What kind of lights are you using? I use HID metal halide lights and my passifloras do very well while they winter over inside. Make sure that you don't over-water it while it's inside.
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just got this guy he came bare root so i did water him .Hope he gets better I use walmart grow lights hehe
    My husband wont let me have the others said the suck to much electricity hehe I put all them out when its sunny here but wow we been having alot of rain so they stuck inside for now.I got a bunch of new passion flower plants

I think they all have alittle yellowing .

• jblaschke
    17 years ago

My first guess would be over-watering, but if you just got it and it was bareroot then I doubt that's the case. But I'd be sure to let the soil dry out ever so slightly before watering again--actually, Wal-Mart sells a nifty little water meter from Hold All that does a great job of giving accurate moisture readings. That's particularly helpful in the summer when the surface soil looks bone-dry and parched but there's still plenty of wet stuff under the surface.

And I have to say I'm impressed with your passi collection. December spoiled me, too, with the abundant sunlight we had--these past few weeks with rain and cold have my passis grumpy in the garage under flourescent lights...

• chena
    17 years ago

Hey Angie..
    Looks like you got some pretty nice plants.. It is probably just the shock of moving.. Where are you..around Austin???
    Chena

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thx all I think it is overwatering too .Im ganna try one of those water meters.Chena Im down on the coast close to galvaston.I love passifloras so much and I was ganna try to grow them from seeds but so glad I went ahead and got the plants live my seeds never sprout and if they did it be years before I would get a flower so sure hope I dont over baby these guys they always do better if ya just forget about them and dont worry so much about them .

• zostropz
    17 years ago

Angie, your a maniac. lol How many Passiflora do you have now? Your gonna surpass me soon.
    Mark

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hope mine make it throw the caterpillars this year.

tribola

crimson tear

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus