Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
passioncrazy

just a quick shot of my collection

passioncrazy
16 years ago

HERES A SHOT OF ONE SIDE OF OUR FENCE...WE HAVE 10 PASSIS GROWING ON EACH OTHER!DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THAT IS BAD OR NOT?DONT THINK IT IS BUT ANY ADVICE IS GREAT...MORE PICTURES WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY{{gwi:1125387}}

Comments (10)

• rialira
    16 years ago

very nice!

feel like trading cuttings in the spring?

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

Could be bad. I have a p. Incense that I planted as a small cutting on the side of my house. It grew towards the front of the house, which I loved because when it bloomed, the great scent wafered in the house. Then, runners went under the driveway and started growing over the fencing. My new neighbors didn't like that because of the bees and bumblebees that visit the flowers. They have a small child and were afraid he would get stung. Runners pop up all over my yard. I've cut it back quite a bit because it was weighing down my other plants, and also getting into the paneling of the house! I still love my passi, but now pull up runners when I see them instead of letting them grow and also trim the ones I have let grow to keep them in control.

• passioncrazy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yip i know all bout runners...ive had some like almost 50 feet away from main....unbelievable...i to pull em out plant some of them and unfort throw away the rest...keep close eye on neighbors garden as well...good thing is all the passis seem to get along well on the fence...i keep it well organized spend all my free time tending to my passion..will send more photos soon.id love to share clippings...rite now i only have all the common ones that im sure any passi collector has but sure willing to trade...my oldest is just over a year old...the fence has been covered in like 9 months...goes all the wayround the side as well

• rialira
    16 years ago

hey, how about sending me your spare runners for postage? I have an incense in a huge pot and I don't know what you guys are talking about. runners, pfft. the damn thing doesn't do anything. it bloomed fine the first year I had it and the second year, this past summer, it bloomed once, a piddling little shrunken flower with extremely faded color. I would love some vigorous new plants. I've got a huge ugly fence to cover in the spring, so the more the merrier :)

Ria

• gardenfreak
    16 years ago

Do any of these produce edible fruits? If so I would love some of your throwaways for postage.
    Please let me know.
    thanks

• passioncrazy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

runners are when the roots extend underground and a weak spot in the soil is exposed i assume...then a new shoot pops up and u have urself a perfect clone.all i do is pull it carefully out the ground so the white tip is showing"root"and put it in potting soil and water...for a few days it drops but after that it bounces back...sure id post some to you but ive never done it before.wouldnt know how to package it and will it be a problem in the mail?does anybody know...illpost a message and find out....to answer the question bout edible fruit not yet...i have constance elliot which does but just got it and not sure if u get runners from it...illl work on getting clones and will keep you posted...I WISH I WOULD GET HOME BEFORE DARK SO I CAN TAKE MORE PHOTOS OF MY BABIES AND POST THEM...HOPEFULLY 2MORROW

• rialira
    16 years ago

haha, I called it first, gardenfreak. I am SERIOUSLY in need of fence-hiding.

• passioncrazy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

dont worry guys ill send to who ever wants as soon as i find out how to send em via mail...

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

pasioncrazy, you got input on another post about mailing. Pretty much I also do what other posters said, but I never send plants in a pot or with dirt. I send cuttings or smaller rooted plants with the bottom part wrapped in a moist paper towel, wrap that part in cellopane (sp)or a baggy. Tape the top of cellopane/baggy close to the stem to seal the moisture in so the stems/roots don't dry out while in transit. With rooted plants, I cut back some of the vines. Before I seal up a priority box, I tape the part where the cellopane/towel is to the box so it won't roll all over the box. I don't stuff the box with newspaper to cushion the plant/cuttings because by taping it down, this keeps it from moving.

• rialira
    16 years ago

you're in zone 10 though, right? what about shipping to chilly places like here (CT)?