Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passion Vines.. Helllpppp!

Posted by CapriciousVines 11? (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 0:34

So I live in southern AZ, in the "sunniest place in the world", I am growing two passion vines, the exact type I don't know, I got them from an orange seed pod/fruit on a larger plant with white flowers. There are two vines growing and I've had them since last year, they seem to be growing much faster than before, but I was wondering if it will do well here? This place gets some extreme heat, its gotten to the 120s before, and its a dry heat too. Its not common for a passion vine type of plant to grow here, and these two in particular are out in the open. Will they be alright? Last year when they sprouted they really struggled, they were very small and I thought they were going to wither away, then out of completely nowhere they took off, growing at a rapid pace and now one is about three feet (up to the top of our fence) and the other is maybe two and a half feet. I am proud to have grown such an uncommon plant in this area, but i'm worried they wont make it. Is there anything I can do? Any tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passion Vines.. Helllpppp!

They will be fine if you can keep them well watered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here