Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninecrow_uk

P. mollissima

ninecrow
16 years ago

I've just ordered some seeds.... YAY!!! Does anyone one if it self fertile? Only have room for one plant... *Sigh*

Thanks

NC

Comments (13)

• rialira
    16 years ago

I would -die- to get my hands on a mollissima...

let us know if you have success with it :)

Ria

• jblaschke
    16 years ago

I got ahold of a dozen seeds last spring. I had something like 90 percent germination within two weeks. They grew well all spring, then as soon as my Texas summer hit, they wilted and died. And they were on the side of my house with a cool, shady microclime, with a couple hours' sunlight in the morning. I was really bummed.

Good luck with yours, Ninecrow. I know I won't be trying tasconias again.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I planted a few mollissima seeds last summer and again a couple months ago. They germinate fast and all are growing well. I love pink flowered passies.
    Karyn

• rialira
    16 years ago

hey karyn, how long do they normally take to flower?

Ria

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Mine haven't flowered yet but I'm guessing by the look of the vines that I started last summer that I'll have blooms this summer.
    Karyn

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is the ONLY Pink think I'll have in the house... And that is only because it's a Passiflora and I'm growing for Fruit(Hopefully).... I REALLY DISlike pink...

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I love pinks but dislike most white flowers.
    Karyn

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My seeds arrived today YAY!!!!!!!! Now all I have to do is get them started!!!!!! I'll keep you all up to date on how they go...
    NC

• wilmington_islander
    16 years ago

I just ordered a 6 inch plant from georgiavines.com. We'll see how they do in my hot 9A climate...I have had great success with edulis outdoors.

• chena
    16 years ago

Congrats on your seeds!
    They germinate very easy.. Mine hasn't bloomed yet. seems to grow slowly and is not that fond of the heat.. I kept mine on the porch most of the summer and over wintered it in the house..It is one of the few I didn't lose from being out of town..
    Kylie

• ninecrow
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Guys...
    I have 1 that's germinated... It hasn't sproted, it's got roots though... I did germinated it on moist paper on top of my Fish tank

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Good luck with your seeds. I think the plant is more susceptable to overwatering then many other varieties. One of my vines was up on an orchid shelf for lack of GH space and was getting a lot of water. I noticed the poor vine looking limp but was luckily able to save it. I pulled it out of it's pot, rinsed off the soil and repotted it in some barely moist soiless mix. I kept the whole thing in a sealed plastic bag and it looks great again. It's been in the bag for about 3 weeks with no additional water. I'm afraid to take it out. lol
    Karyn

• rialira
    16 years ago

where would you guys say would be the most reputable place to get a rooted mollissima? I want one for this summer... I have a whole lot of ugly fence that needs covering.

also, is it an everbloomer?

Ri

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner