Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora Quadrangularis seeds for trade!

Posted by siam_cannas 13 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 18, 10 at 10:53

Hi everyone. I have passiflora Quadrangularis seeds to trade. If you are interested please let me know.
Thanks
Siam.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora Quadrangularis seeds for trade!

Hi Siam,

I have Edulis (purple fruit) and Flavicarpa (yellow fruit)
Can we have a trade.
Thanks,

Durai

o

Sure we can. send me an e-mail. :)
Siam.

o

Hi Siam!

I've been looking for this plant! do you have any seeds left?? Are they easy to start? What seeds are you looking for?

Thanks
Chrisitne

o

• Posted by pshawn 9b, California (My Page) on
    Thu, May 27, 10 at 21:09

Hi Siam,
I've had trouble germinating Quadrangularis. Some say they need light, others say no light. Any tips on germination?
shawn

o

I've also had zero success with quadrangularis seeds. I've tried them several times and I know that at least some were very fresh seeds.

o

Hi folks
Light is of no consequence -except that all seedlings need it once they are up. Hopefully the link will help.
# Presoak seed for 48-72 hours in a small glass of water in a warm location e.g. sunny window cill. The viable seed should all sink to the bottom of the glass. After soaking throw out any seed that are still floating as they are unlikely to be viable.
# Plant the remaining seed at a very shallow depth in a mix of well watered light soil & vermiculite or pearlite & put the pot inside a plastic bag. Tiny seed like Decaloba should be sprinkled on the surface. Blow into the bag to inflate it then tie tightly at the top & put somewhere very warm with bottom heat in the light. Ideally use a propagator.
# Either way make sure that the seed never dry out. A temperature drop at night seems to help for some seed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Passiflora seed information

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here