Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hbwright_gw

I just identified my mystery flower

hbwright
18 years ago

I moved into my house in February of '04 and in the summertime noticed a woody vine growing along my newly built fence. I tried to pull it up because I thought it was an immature tree but this sucker was going nowhere. I just cut it down and watched. Then last summer I ignored it and when dumping carpet shampoo water out back noticed a most beautiful flower and started to pay more attention to the mystery vine but never tried to identify.

Just now I was searching for some other plants and saw that my mystery vine was indeed a passion flower.

I would like some information, maybe point me to a good web site or anything at all. It is beautiful and I love the flower. It seems my vine is relitively new because it did not flower the first summer and only had a couple flowers this past summer. Does it follow the three-year rule-Sleep, creep, leap like clematis? I was planning on putting some trumpet honeysuckle on that fence to hide some brush but I'm not sure how it will compete with this passion flower vine.

Sorry for all the questions, totally new to me.

Comments (2)

Sponsored