Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I grow Caerulea?

Posted by Stonato Ontario (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 05 at 11:37

I fell in love with this plant when I first saw it and ordered seeds without doing my homework. I live in z6 and was wondering if I have a chance in growing this? I figure I'll try germinating them for fun, but do you think they'll survive outside? If so, anyone have some tips?

thanx,
Stonato~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I grow Caerulea?

Well, if I can grow them you can. Not to say I've been successful yet, but I have a whole bunch that are winter-sown. I'll let you know if they work for me.

o

yeah let me know. I thought about winter sowing but when I heard it was more of a warmer climate plant I started them indoors. cross your fingers.

Stonato~

o

The package says they're hardy in zone 6, and I got the winter sowing instructions from another gardening site. Now, only if the temperature would go up a bit...gosh, I'm so impatient for spring to come...lol.

o

Bad news Stonato, I've been told that my winter sowing of these seeds will have killed them. I've brought the seed tray indoors and into my mini greenhouse because I'm an optimistic sort...lol. If they don't do something within a couple of weeks, I'll buy more seeds - but I won't give up on the other ones!!

o

Do any of you have a picture of this passiflower. Caerulea? I just put two in the grown and want to know what they will look like. Thanks, Leubafr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here