Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vandavixen

not getting much help on this forum please advise someone

vandavixen
15 years ago

Hello...

I have been posting a few happenings since maybe x-mas with one or no responces.

I have purchased a passiflora caerulea in a pot about 2 feet from a nursary and after a real dip in temps here was worried as I moved it again to home after it made it to the nursary and a cold windy temp change came.

After that I placed it on my patio screened in porch were the average temps are way over 80 f and humidity 100 % .

Week late severe cold hit I was afraid to move it in thinking that is too much moving around.

The cold hit in the fourtie windy.

After afew days inside I moved it out again seemed to come back to life. After a few more days heat and cold at nite I saw wilting dried up leaves. Gave it water always watching not to over water ..Yellowing accurred loss of leave . Prior to this I forgot to say the moving and sudden cold temps it droped and lost all buds about 10.

So I am not sure if it is this too hot too cold moving or too much water ..not enough.

Here is what this care sheet said and I'm in zone 10.

Care: Often grown as a houseplant, it can also be grown as an annual outdoors. Grow in a greenhouse border or in containers. Or set outdoors in moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil. Shelter from cold, drying winds.

Propagation: Semi-ripe cuttings in summer. Layer in spring or autumn.

Problems: Spider mites, whiteflies, and scale insects. Leaf spots, iron deficiency, and virus diseases.

Just read about curl leaves wilt virus also can it be what do I do I have several new buds again and don't want to loose thank you very much..

Leaves still get yellow some , some wilt but I have lost a lot of leaves and not sure it was fom the cold in the first.

Comments (3)

Sponsored