Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tolumnia Valset x Robsan how log does blooms last

Posted by vandavixen 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 28, 09 at 17:45

Hi again...remember me asking info on these miniture cimbidiums? Well...I'd like to ask when they open from bud about how long does it stay in flower after opening?
I bought them in bud but one plant still blooming in bud other lil blooms that had opened all the way like 2 died ..I felt it was too fast any suggestions ideas? Thanx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tolumnia Valset x Robsan how log does blooms last

I suggest you try this question on the orchid forum. Passion flowers are a very different type of plant.

o

I accidently posted on here thinking I was on the other forum ..please forgive me without any hard feelings from you all or comments I'm sorry

o

No blood, no foul! ;-)

o

it all depends on the conditions they are grown in.
Humidity and temps can all have an influence on the time a flower lasts

o

Hi...thank you will finish this question in the orchid sec..so sorry but Orchidguy u found me lol
Having so much trouble with my passion flowers they are so hating our cold nites ..droping buds dried up leaves right after a 48-58 nite ..I don't know what to do ? It's on my porch open windows warm days but unusual cold times hit it bad.caerulea passiflora..after the first nite of leaving out droped 6 buds ..then warm days more buds recooped ..Then thre other night very cold again..same reaction..after all these people said it is cold tolerate??? I read it isn't here in zone 10?thx

o

Is your caerulea in a pot? That may be the reason. 48-58 degrees is nothing for the caerulea. I'm in zone 8b and mine are in the ground. A week ago we dropped down to 32 and today we hit a high of 85. It's covered in flower buds that'll probably open in a week or so. I'm wondering if you might be over-watering? Passis really don't like wet feet. I've had passis in pots that I over-watered, and their leaves started to wilt. So I watered more, thinking they were thirsty, and then they started dropping buds.

Even in a pot your cool weather shouldn't affect a caerulea. I'm thinking something else is factoring in here. If not over-watering, then something else.

o

Yes it is in a pot about two feet high wqith a trellis can't spell it.. I tried not watering it thinking that was it heat was intence as well we hit 80-90's here doesn't like so much heat either.
Leaves got yellow dried up but only after severe cold drops in temps.
I adore this plant it means so much I stick my finger in real deep before watering it feels dry????????
I also read it likes to stay moist and does not like wind or cold makes a great house plant.

When it got real cold I brought it back in also thinking each time it was moved pissed it off...Geesh ..It reminds me of me I hate the high humidity and then drop into cold in hours it's crazy here for sure . In a decade we haven''t had severe cold in March ...
How long can I expect to see improvement?
Thx

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here