Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passionfruit in South Florida

Posted by mango_kush 10b Hollywood, FL (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 4, 10 at 19:15

hello,

im currently growing "purple possum", 2 "yellow sunrise" and "giant granadilla" all spaced about 6 feet from each other.

the purple has turned into a tree trunk providing great coverage. flowers but no fruit yet

the yellow looks very weak. the stems are brown and the purple has grown above it. they each have one thin branch, im not sure how long it is or how much foliage is on it. it seems like they are overwatered, i wonder if they will make it through the rainy spring here.

the giant granadill doesnt look so healthy either, it was planted in the fall and survived a cold winter though.

i will take pics tomorrow, i didnt get a chance to while the sun was still out

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passionfruit in South Florida

Hi there,

I am not sure I understand what your question is. Can you post the pics you mentioned, and rephrase your intentions?

o
RE: Passionfruit in South Florida

unless you have them on a trellis or a clothese line...they are too close together. My Purple possum turned into a 50 foot monster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here