Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredflorida

Pic from my yard yesterday

RetiredFlorida
11 years ago

Since this forum is so quiet I thought why not post a pic.

P.vitifolia

This post was edited by RetiredFlorida on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 5:55

Comments (13)

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and another

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

Again you have such beautiful blooms. Thanks for your post.

• karyn1
    11 years ago

I love the red bloom and dark green foliage against the white lattice (or fence. I can't tell what it is).

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Paul & Karen. Karen that is a lattice.

• subtrop
    11 years ago

It was indeed yesterday!

• subtrop
    11 years ago

Those,too.

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Killer Subtrop! I've had blooms for the last 3 days, just awesome beauty. That double image is very sweet!

• prsb
    11 years ago

wow those red blooms are awesome. I would love to get a cutting or two if you are willing to ship some when you cut. And of course I would pay postage.

Its still too cold here in Austin, TX, my passiflora vine sanguinolenta is just greening up. And I planted a small caerullea next to it. Are the other pics caerullea, subtrop?

Pebbles

• subtrop
    11 years ago

An unusual 5 stamen here. I often get 4, but that's a first on this plant!

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

I have a few questions. I received a few seeds from a member in the East Indies and what is coming up looks like geranium leaves. All the photos I see none of the leaves even began to have that type leaf. Any ideas what it will look like? Also can I start cuttings in water or do they need to be started in soil?

• ack01
    11 years ago

Hi RetiredFlorida, I have that very same red flower growing wild all over my back yard. It never fruits however. Have you been able to get your to fruit and if so how's the taste?

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi ack01,

The p.vitifolia needs to be pollinated by bees with pollen from another plant or hand pollinated by you, it is not self fertile. I have not had any fruit yet either as I have had few blooms to try to pollinate it so far.

Paul, I have no clue what you have. Some passiflora will root in water but I have more luck with potting soil and perlite mix.

Darren

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

Thanks Darren, I have placed them in soil and I do see some are just starting to put on or keeping green leaves so I do expect to see life out of a few. I also posted on hibiscus my first bloom from those cuttings you sent.
    Again many thanks as all my family love the plant I even gave one to our son-in-law as he is the one who plants.

Sponsored