Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First caerulea of 2007

Posted by jblaschke 8b TX (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 07 at 11:10

I planted this caerulea last spring, and although it put forth a lot of vegetative growth, in only produced three flowers. Almost exactly one year later, it's covered with more than a hundred buds, and the first one just opened yesterday:

Caerulea

My caerulea "Constance Elliott" out front has close to a dozen flower buds on it as well, which is great, since that one didn't flower at all last year. The downside is that I've already found three caterpillars on them, and my normally bushy Incense isn't available to serve as an alternate host yet. :-(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First caerulea of 2007

Cool! Bet it smells good. I love the scent - like crushed sweet tarts. Mine just bloomed too and is full of buds like yours. I haven't seen any caterpillars here and it has been warm for a while now-wonder what's up with that?
~SJN

o
RE: First caerulea of 2007

That's going to look beautiful when a bunch are blooming at the same time. I never get any cats on my passies and I want them.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here