Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bryon's Beauty, anyon have it?

Posted by mboston 9(fl) (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 11:55

I am lookimg for a passionvine as a host plant for my Zebra Longwings. I want Maypops, also known as Incarnata but haven't been able to find it. A large nursery here suggested Bryon's Beauty and said that Butterfly World in South Florida loves it as a host plant there. Anyone k now of it or have it? I think he said it was a cross between Incarnata and Edulis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bryon's Beauty, anyon have it?

It is 'Byron Beauty', developed in Byron, Georgia. You can sometimes find it on Ebay. It is also available from Grassy Knoll.

I had it for a couple of years, but lost it last winter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Byron Beauty at Grassy Knoll

o

Can't find maypops? That's unpossible! I'll send you some seed in exchange for postage.

o

Thanks for the offer of seeds. Someone on the Butterfly Forum is sending me some. I have tried a ton of nurseries here (I won't buy from anywhere that might have plants that are sprayed since they are for my butterflies as host plants). Anyway, I have been told that with our crazy cold winter that it just hasn't come back up yet. Here it is a native and dies back each year but we had such an extended cold spell that everything is way off in coming back. I know how invasive it is but just to have it in the yard to get it started before the butterflies show up is going to be next to impossible now. Gulf Frits and Zebra Longwings both lay on it and eat massive amounts.

Thanks anyway. Would love to get a nice size plant from you, ha ha. I paid $16 for a plant with 3 leaves by the time I paid postage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here