Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
alata

Posted by sgeorgia z8 SGA (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 1, 06 at 11:58

I have a seedling growing that I believed to be alata. I received the seeds from a member of the forum. The leaves are tri-lobed. The pictures I have seen of alata seem to be single lobed. Are alata leaves sometimes 3 lobed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: alata

My Alata seedling is single lobed. I think they can be 3 lobed too because I thought something was rong with mine. I was told when I got it that it would have 3.

o

Thanks. It was a seedling last spring. If it blooms this year, I will know without a doubt. I hope it is alata.

o

Passiflora alata has leaves that are unlobed and ovate in shape just like the closely related species of phoenicea (Ruby Glow) and quadrangularis. If the plant you are questioning has trilobed leaves then I would suggest that it is something other than P. alata. Sounds like it may be the hybrid, belotii (caerulea x alata). Let me know if you would like an alata...I will have some additional plants shortly.

o

All the ones I have labeled alata are three lobed. I guess I don't have a single alata. Redpass, if you still have an alata, I'd love one. Thanks.

o

Redpass,
If you still have any of the alta I would love to get a few starts.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here