Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P. loefgrenii ready to bloom

Posted by morningloree 9b (dawninvalrico@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Mar 9, 14 at 13:44

Just found this 2 days ago, my 'Incense' is getting ready to bloom, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P. loefgrenii ready to bloom

looks great! cant wait to see pics of the flower once it blooms!

o

• Posted by mark4321 10a CA Sunset 16/17 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 0:46

This is perhaps my all around favorite Passiflora. Blooms heavily, even with considerable shade. The colors and shape are amazing. It also can bloom on very small rooted cuttings. And I'm a big fan of long peduncles.

Any idea of whether it's 'Iporanga' or 'Corupa'? The most obvious difference is that 'Corupa' is self fertile and self polllinating and readily produces fruit. We had a discussion about this recently on the Passiflora Facebook group and it seems that Annie's Annuals has likely sold both. I don't know what Grassy Knoll sells. I just got 'Corupa' seeds and have them soaking.

My two plants are both 'Iporanga' from Annie's. One in the ground, one in a pot, both about to bloom. Here's the one in a pot, climbing a Rojasianthe (in bloom for the first time, but not visible).

o

I suspect 'Iporanga,' I read a few discussions about the difference and it seems most likely to be 'Iporanga.' Also bought mine from Annie's Annuals.

o

Bloom on P. x Belotii

o

Lavender Lady

o

Lunametista ready to bloom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here