Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowpow2

Giant Granadilla Pics Please?

FLOWPOW2
19 years ago

I have started a lovely little Granadilla from a seed, its very healthy, but I don`t have a clue what they look like. I have searched and can not seem to find a pic. Will someone post one for me please? Also bought a "Lavender Lady" yesterday! I`m Soooo excited! I`m searching for "The Lady Margaret" she is so beautiful! If anyone has seeds to spare please let me know. Thanks Very Much! FLOW

Comments (10)

• Krstofer
    19 years ago

From one of my vines last year:

{{gwi:1126318}}
    {{gwi:1126319}}
    {{gwi:1126320}}

I have more pics & such of my plants here:
    http://krstofer.org/passiflora/.

• FLOWPOW2
    Original Author
    19 years ago

krstofer, thank you so much for the great pics!! Now I know what I have to look foward to and now I can`t wait!! LOL!! What a FABULOUS Web Site you have too!! I saved it in my favorites!! Thanks again. FLOW

• GardenerDc
    19 years ago

you say you have lots of seeds on that page... got any spares?? thanks for the quads !

Dc

• Krstofer
    19 years ago

Unfortunately (for all but me) I've planted all I have at the moment. Got s'more inbound from Brazil soon though....

Someday I plan to do the 'south america driving tour'.. Figure I can drive there from here.. Gonna see what I can see in the wild. Or as much of the wild as I can see from the hard surface 'wheelchair accessible' parts of all those non english speakin' countries.

Who knows they might take pitty on the cripple & bring me plants / seeds.

• GardenerDc
    19 years ago

I took a day trip to washington DC and visited the US botanical gardens (how could I resist) and look at what I found!!!

{{gwi:1126321}}

sorry 'bout the bad-quality pic... I'm a no-good photographer

=Dc

• GardenerDc
    19 years ago

flowpow, how EVER did you germinate quads.... krstofer, your seeds havn't come up yet and there is evil white mold on the pot... what conditions were yours in flow,

THanks,
    Dc-the-desperate

• FLOWPOW2
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I received a few seeds in a trade this winter labeled "Giant Granadilla" I started them in mild potting soil in a shallow tray, about one inch of soil. Put them in a low plastic tub on a heating pad, low temp, with a clear glass top and a flourecsent light a bove. 1 foot above.when they were two inches tall I potted up to 4 inch pots, same soil but with some compost added. two are a bit small yet, but one is out on the patio wrapping its little feelers around a steak, very pleased with itself!! LOL!! Good Luck GardenerDc Flow

• FLOWPOW2
    Original Author
    19 years ago

GadenerDc, forgot to say thanks for the pic,I saved it. what an amazing flower, I can`t wait!!! Flow

• GardenerDc
    19 years ago

one more thing...

krs your passiflora quadrangularis looks like passiflora alata or passiflora phoenicia. quadrangularis should have a wider corona and alternating red and red/white petals... and a paler corona. Oh, and thanks for the tradewinds fruit page... can't remember what thread you posted a link on but I'm ordering a few thing there.

THanks,
    Dc

• mamaspud
    19 years ago

How in the world get you get it to germinate. I have some seeds I tried to germinate and keep failing :-(

Sponsored