Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need info on Lady Margaret

Posted by stephanotis_1 8b AZ (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 08 at 19:57

Last year some time I bought a Lady Margaret that was blooming. I potted it up and babied it along through the summer so it didn't get too hot, babied it some more when the temps dropped to freezing, protected it from extremes, watered sparingly, fertilized sparingly again. It is now out in the sun enjoying our spring and has put on some growth, but no buds or blooms. I did re-trellis it recently to get more air flow through the foliage, had a little breakage but nothing big. What am I doing wrong? I read that this cultivar is ever-blooming, and it hasn't bloomed in the almost year that I have had it. Is it just concentrating on root growth, or is it something else? Am I being too hasty in thinking something is wrong, and just wait it out? I haven't put it in the ground yet because I need to wait until our landscaping is moving along, so for now it lives in a big pot I can move around.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need info on Lady Margaret

I've had LM for a few years and grow it in a container, wintering it over inside. Mine doesn't start putting out a lot of blooms until it's warm 24/7. It does get shade in the late afternoon and seems to like more water then many of my other passies.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here