Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
passiflora runners

Posted by angie83 texas z9 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 07 at 21:08

I have a incense and was able to get only 1 cutting to take but in the mothers pot I see many babys popping up I tried to dig one up but the roots go all the way to the bottem of the pot will it live if i cut it off from mother with only a few roots.I love this plant and would love more last year the cats ate it to the ground so I knew I would never get a seed when I couldnt even get a full flower the cats ate every flower in half hehehe

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: passiflora runners

In MY experience..THAT vine is a weed and is so VERY hard to kill. I made the mistake of planting it and ended up with it in my lawn and in my neighbors lawn! Then it got attacked by some kind of catapillar and it was gone. But I am still pulling up sprouting roots nearly 2 years later. It is thriving in a neighbors year! So..I think if you get a few roots on a cutting and plant it as deep, in a small pot,with good light soil...it should root and take off ,fast!

o
RE: passiflora runners

Digging up the daughter plants are the quickest and easiest way to propagate incarnata--easier than seed, even. Repot the root cutting and it should do fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here