Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisven_gw

Passiflora mexicana needed

chrisven
16 years ago

04/21/2008

On April 17th, 2008, Thursday, I received 3 Passiflora plants from Grassy Knoll Exotic Plants. Passiflora: Capsularis 'Vanilla', Serratifolia, and Mexicana.

They seem to be adjusting o.k. so far, except for the Mexicana, its main stem is toothpick thin, the leaves are curled, and doming, and starting to yellow a tad...I may lose it.

The plants came from Washougal, WA., not far from Portland, OR., then they went right through their destination city of Bakersfield, CA., up and over the Grapevine/Ridge Route/Tejon Pass on I-5 to the Santa Clarita, CA. U.S. Postal Mail Sort Facility, then up Interstate 5 again, a climb of at least 3,000 feet, and back down to Bakersfield, where I am. So with all that, I am going to say they have got to be confused in some way, with all the elevation change of up, down, up, down, in such a short distance.

If my Mexicana plant doesn't make it, is there anyone out there that grows Mexicana, and could send me a plant with a healthy appearing thick stem, and not toothpick thin?

What can you tell me?

Chrisven in Bakersfield, CA., U.S.A..

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus