Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P. Vitifolia suckers?

Posted by jblaschke 8b TX (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 9, 06 at 1:40

Does anyone know if Vitifolia suckers? I planted one in a protected spot on the south side of my house last summer. It survived the winter with a little die back, but hasn't put on much new growth. Meanwhile, my incense not too far away is going nuts.

There is a sucker coming up about 6 feet away from the Vitifolia. The leaves are vaguely Vitifolia-ish. But my incense also has suckered in the general area (and is actively suckering now, although not really around the Vitifolia). Is it possible the Vitifolia extended its root systems that far over winter, or is this more likely an oddball incense popping up with atypical leaves? And, if Vitifolia does sucker, are the desireable for transplant/propogation (ala the incense) or are they considered trash and a waste of time? I'd appreciate any comments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P. Vitifolia suckers?

I have had Vit. for several years in a large pot. I have never had a root sucker from it. I have Incense in the ground and have had suckers several feet from the original plant.
Patsy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here