Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passionflowers 2010

Posted by passifreak (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 14:52

Hi,

I want to show you my P. maliformis flower! She bloomed this year in April and I really love her flower. They smells like P. triloba!

Photobucket

If you have any pictures of your flowers this year PLEASE POST THEM HERE!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passionflowers 2010

That is a beautiful flower and a great photo as well.

o

Thank you!

Have you any Passionflowers this year?

o

My vines are just now popping up. Some are in ideal spots and some will be moved.

o

That's very pretty. I hope that my malformis finally blooms this year. I started it from seed almost 2 years ago.

o

Hi,

some pictures that I made on a Passionflowerexhibition in Germany!

Photobucket
P.brachyantha

Photobucket
P. membranacea - never thought that the flowers were so big in the lenght...they are about 10cm.

Photobucket

Photobucket
P. Wilgen K. Verkhoeff

Photobucket
P. ??? Tell me pls if you know what it is?

Photobucket

Photobucket
P. actinia

Photobucket
P. I don't know

Photobucket
P. elegans

Photobucket
P. Betty Myles Young

o

Beautiful passies. I'm also surprised that the membranacea flowers are so big. I wonder if I'll ever get mine to bloom?

o

I think you can get yours to bloom if you have a big greenhouse and the volunteer told me that P. membranacea need a big pot to gro flower well!

o

The friend that sent me the membranacea grows his outside and it's quite large but I don't think his has bloomed yet. I might have a problem because I cut my passsies back to get them into the greenhouse in the fall.

o

I need to get some pictures on here... soon!

A few comments:

- The only P. membranacea that I have seen bloom have been in two different places at Strybing, and one is eating a fence, the other eating a 50 foot tree. They are HUGE! I hope it is possible to get them to bloom smaller, since mine is tiny still, but I am not holding my breath. At least they have cool foliage.

- The Passiflora you have labeled above as "P. I don't know" looks just like P. 'Connor Cailean' by Rob McPhail. If I am right, you probably saw him there showing it. It is a hybrid of P. loefgrenii Corupa x P. caerulea. Great plant!

Anyway, I will get pics on here in a few days...

Eric

o

Eric,

Surely you've seen the P. membranacea at Annie's Annuals in Richmond (accross the Bay from SF) in bloom? It's not as big as the other two... I check mine every day for buds--hopefully soon. I'll post even a bud here.

Since the request was made for flowers this year I'll post a couple.

P. edulis 'Nancy Garrison' (source Grassy Knoll) just opened three flowers today--on adjacent nodes, which I find strange. It has 5 flowers open, it's first of the season, although it looks like one may have been a day ahead of the other 4.

Nancy Garrison 3 in a row

P. loefgrenii (source Strybing) has been blooming for a while, but I can't resist one of those. This is a super plant for those who don't grow it. It forms buds (and long peduncles) on every node. I'd propagate it a lot more if that weren't the case. Open today:

May loefgrenii

o

edit my post

....a big pot to grows and flower well!

@eristal

Thank you for the information!
yeah it looks like 'Connor Cailean'

@mark

You're edulis is great! Where do you grow it?

@all

Which kind of fertilizer do you take for your Passionvines?

o

passifreak,

Where, geographically? In the SF Bay area, about 45 minutes South of San Francisco. The same climate as San Jose.

Where, in the garden? In the ground, next to a North-facing fence. It gets less sun than I would think would be ideal for P. edulis and it blooms and produces well. I've had it for a little less than 2 years. I don't think P. edulis 'Frederick', which is next to it, even has any buds at this point.

I just use Miracle Grow for fertilizer, half-strength for things in pots. Fish emulsion occasionally.

o

mark,

WOW Awesome!
I want to live in America. lol

That's very interesting with the fertilizer, because most of the German Enthusiasts use a fertilizer called Hakaphos red, blue and green.

But this P. edlis is nice!

o

Weird now the P. loefgrenii pic isn't showing up for me. I saw it this morning. I just love that color combination.

o

Hi,

I was on the 28. Mai at the Ulmers and they had alot great Passionflowers. I made some pics there.

Photobucket

P. Anastasia

Photobucket

P. Marijke

Photobucket

P. Showy Shadow

Photobucket

P. tarapotina

Photobucket

P. cuneata

Photobucket

P. Byron Beauty

Photobucket

P. herbertiana

Photobucket

P. Sunburst x cuprea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here