crimson tear fruit

angie83
17 years ago

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

Sure hope it dont fall off .

Comments (33)

• karyn1
    17 years ago

Very nice. Is that the first fruit you've gotten on the CT? I can't wait until mine blooms. It's getting some new buds now that I've finally been able to get it outside.
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yep it was the first bloom and Im so happy : ).The blooms haved no pollen kinda like lavender lady passiflora does so dont know if the fruit will be seedless..

• jblaschke
    17 years ago

Any idea where the pollen came from? Did you hand pollenate it, or was it natural?

Amazing that a complex hybrid like Crimson Tears can still fruit, when a simple cross like Incense is very reluctant to fruit, much less produce viable seeds...

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    17 years ago

Looks like its doing well. I like the contrast of the reddish petals with the green fruit. My p_jeannette has 2 fruit started too, pollinated from caerulea. Many of them come out hollow but one is quite large and feels really heavy so I'm hoping...
    ~SJN

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I hand pollenated it with a triloba it was the only pollen I had the day it bloomed sure hope it will have some seeds it is getting big fast and feels heavy but who knows with hybrids I was kinda sad to see the bloom has no pollen thats how my lavender lady is and Iv never got 1 fruit from it so keeping fingers crossed.

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

angie83 how's your Fruit now?
    Thanks
    NC

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have 5 fruits getting very big they feel heavy but still not ready cant wait to see .I sure hope they have seeds and I finally get to taste a passion fruit.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I hope they turn out to be good fruit with lots of seeds (hint lol). Good luck.
    Karyn

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

How are they doing now, are they Ripe Yet??????????

• chena
    16 years ago

Hey Angie!! How is your CT fruit coming???.. Mine has buds about to open...BTW.. Great pic!!! I can't believe I missed this thread till now..LOL
    Chena

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Its great so far have 7 fruit and only one looks like I might lose it I love this passie one of my favioites but must say spidermites love this guy too .Watch out for spidermits on this guy .Here are some pic the last being the wrinkled fruit I might lose.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Looking good. I wonder how long they will take to ripen? Are they palatable?
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karyn no clue but I think it might be a bit they are heavy too not sure how to tell when ripe never got any before this will be my first year to get fruit the GF arnt here this year eatting all my passie its kinda odd I havent seen very many butterflys this year at all not like last year.

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

Anymore Flowers and Anymore Fruit set?

angie83 The best thing to do is to leave the fruit to fall off on it's own... Brillant Photos BTW
    NC

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I also wait until they drop or fall off at the slightest touch. I've found that if I have to use any force at all to pull the fruit off they are inevitably unripe.
    Karyn

• chena
    16 years ago

How exciting!!!!!! Keep those pics coming!
    Chena

• chena
    16 years ago

I am sooo excited.. I have 3 blooms that opened this morning...WOO HOO!!!
    Chena

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

NICE Chena, you going to do some Pollination, if so What with?
    Thanks
    NC

• chena
    16 years ago

I would if I had something else blooming that had pollen..I'm hoping to get the chance later on.. I'll be looking for all your help...LOL. I have never self pollenated Passi's before..But I am very excited about it..
    Chena

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow chena love that pic .They bloom freely I so love these passie.

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow I have lost all but 3 of my crimson fruit and the 3 left dont feel very heavy think it will be seed less sad .

• chena
    16 years ago

Oh!! I am soooo sorry to hear that.. Right after mine bloomed we had a storm blow in.. BLOW being the key word..LOL The vine looks great but that is all that is left no chance of fruit unless it "chooses" to bloom again...I am very courious as to what the remaining fruit have to offer...
    Chena

• karyn1
    16 years ago

That's too bad. At least it does fruit so hopefully you'll get some more from subsequent blooms. Who knows the remaining fruit just might end up having some seeds. Did they just drop or did you have a storm or something?
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

They wrinked up and turned yellow then when I touched them the came off inside was nothing but white small seeds and a tiny red think looks like a lizard tonge there were no holes in it and it has been hot but no reason for it to just wrinkle up like it did.

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well down to 2 now not looking good.

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

I'm Sorry to hear this....
    Can you please post some photos of the next opened fruit
    Thanks
    NC

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is a pic 2 seeds look like they were close to being ready .

• kiwinut
    16 years ago

Those darker seeds may very well be good. It is not unusal for a hybrid to only have a couple of dark seeds, and many undeveloped ones. The fruit may be dropping because it is ripe. I would definitely try to germinate them.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Those dark seeds look pretty ripe to me too. You should definitely plant them and see what happens. At least you got something out of the fruit. I had so many fruit last year that were just balls of air. Good luck.
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The seeds have this slimmy clear stuff on them.I sure hope they are good would love to see what a tribola and crimson make the 2 seeds are very large look like arrowheads.

• ninecrow
    16 years ago

angie Thanks for posting the Photos....

I'm going with the others Plant the Dark Looking seeds, you will want to De-slime them though.... LOL
    Hope you get some more fruit
    NC

• chena
    16 years ago

I know you are disapointed ..BUT WOOHOO you got 2 seeds that look mature...I'm excited for ya...LOL
    Chena

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am soaking them now here is hoping they work.Thx you all for all the help on this I wasnt sure the seeds would be worth a try but Im glad I did .

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH