Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angie83_gw

fishing line trellis

angie83
17 years ago

Gotta love this fishing line trellis its so neat.

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">{{gwi:134071}}

{{gwi:2758}}

Comments (4)

• chena
    17 years ago

Angie!!
    I love to fish.. Mono-filiment is a thing of beauty with a million applications..I use it for everything...BTW!!!
    EVERYTHING looks Beautiful!!!!!Thanks for putting up your pic's!! Still got Z-envy..LOL.. I guess that will never go away... It won't be long for some of the rest of us...I HOPE!!!
    Chena

• karyn1
    17 years ago

What a great idea. I love it and the passie looks so pretty. I'm having some of that zone envy too. lol
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Fun even in my zone I plant the whole pot we cook down here in summer it gets so bad here almost nothing will take the sun I water every day in summer so I love our spring but ill trade ya summers.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    17 years ago

Very nice pictures. Looks really cool. What beautiful healthy leaves. Mine's leaves are all a mess now because we had a lot of strong winds today:(
    I do something similar except mine are in pots.
    DH's fishing line is not safe with me. I'm always stealing it and he knows just where he can find it lol!
    You can use clear or there is a green more clothlike one (I think it is called Spiderline.) The green Spiderline seems easier on the tendrils but I can pull the clear one tighter and it looks better.
    This is what I do for my potted passies, I take 3 pieces of the green colored bamboo, put them in the pot (in dirt) and tape them together at the top with green electrical tape (you can use any color though). Then I start at the bottom and go around each of the poles horizontally and make sure it is pulled tight and tie at each pole before going to the next. I secure these tie points on ea. pole with electrical tape to keep them from slipping. Then I cut the fishing line and go up about 4 inches and do it again etc. Till I get to the top. Then I run a few pieces of line vertically between each of the 3 sides. Jus tmake sure your passie is already in the pot first before you start. You can wind the little tendrils up where you want them to get it started.
    So far it has worked great. I can store the trellised passie pots easily in winter, by cutting the vines off the chain link fence that I set the pot by and let the vines go crazy during spring, summer and fall. I root the extra cuttings.
    ~Lenette

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations