Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato support for passion flower trellis?

Posted by Geeklet42 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 16:19

I picked up a passion flower vine at Calloway's over the weekend. It came with a 3-bamboo teepee support, but it's already grown over that such that there's not much room for it to have support for further growth.

I've been looking at trellis options, and was curious if there's any reason not to make a 3-dimensional trellis. I live in an apartment, so have to rely on containers. I was thinking about picking up one of the adjustable/triangular tomato plant supports and pulling the corners in to fit the pot it'll need to go in. Run some twin between the bars that connect the triangle poles or run them up in steps, perhaps. But I'm not sure if there's a reason everything I find online suggests flat trellises.

So, any suggestions on whether it would do okay, or should I try to just stick with a 2-d standard trellis?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Location in case it's important: DFW/Zone 9a

Just in case it matters, I live in DFW, and the maps I've found suggest that I'm in zone 9a.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here