Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
giant granadilla won't bloom

Posted by Romando 9, sunset 17 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 9, 05 at 16:37

Hello. I love passion flowers, and have several, including lavender lady, citrina, mollisima, stribing red, and a fucshia one I can't remember the name of. All bloom beautifully, with the exception of my giant granadilla. I've had it nearly two years, it grows, is a healthy green, and puts out new growth regularly. It was in full sun for most of its life with me, but I've since moved it to a part sun location to see if anything would change. Anyway, it has never bloomed. I'm not sure why. It receives the same care as my others which thrive, but doesn't reward me!! What can I do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: giant granadilla won't bloom

I forgot to mention (important, I assume) that I am a balcony container gardener. It's in a 5 gallon plastic container. It's about 5-6 feet tall, trained on a teepee type trellis within the pot, situated against a wall it can further climb upon as needed.

o

Hey. I know this is an old thread. I am just wondering if your Giant Granadilla ever bloomed or if anyone else knows how long it takes for this plant to bloom.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow my Tropical Plant Experiments Here

o

I grew mine from seed, it bloomed in it's second year. It is now about 4 years old, and this year really went crazy. It has blooms and fruits on it right now. Mine is grown in the ground, in mostly sandy soil, and receives strong morning sun and no afternoon sun. It's doing beautifully. Over 40 feet
of vine, which I rarely cut back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here