Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krtek1050

Passiflora caerulea - Dead or alive

krtek1050
13 years ago

I bought my first passiflora caerulea last year and planted it in my garden in the fall. It is now the end of April and I see no signs of life. Since this is my first year with this vine, I don't want to mourn its passing prematurely.

We had a very mild winter this year (cherry trees were blooming here in January), so theoretically it should have been able to survive the winter without too much of a problem.

It is located on the NE side of the house, where (at this time of the year) it is still quite shaded. However, the clematis I planted next to it at the same time is blooming beautifully and putting my little passiflora to shame.

Does it look mostly dead or slightly alive?

I was hoping that it would do well in my garden, but would be willing to move it into a pot and house it on the back deck(SE side), which gets full sun much of the day.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I've uploaded a photo of the vine to the link below. All the leaves in the pictures belong to the flowers planted around the vine. It's just really the stem and its dry tendrils.

Thank you,

Irena

Here is a link that might be useful: irena's passiflora

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting