Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

Wanted: P. edulis cuttings

mark4321_gw
15 years ago

Hi, I'm looking for P. edulis cuttings, either rooted or unrooted, although I would prefer rooted cuttings. I'm not interested in seeds. I'm looking for these named varieties only: âÂÂFredericksâÂÂ, 'Black KnightâÂÂ, âÂÂFrostyâÂÂ, or 'Nancy Garrison'. And plants propagated from these cultivars only by cuttings, not seed.

I just moved and I don't have too much to exchange. I do have a couple very nice plants:

Epiphyllum (Selenicereus) chrysocardium: the "Fernleaf cactus". Here's an interesting article with a picture:

http://www.huntington.org/Information/frontiers/S06curiousity.htm

A rooted cutting, the "leaf" is 7 inches x 5 inches at the widest, with new growth. This particular "leaf" is high quality--looks like the photo. My plant has survived very light frosts.

I have an Aristolochia gigantea that I should be able to take unrooted cuttings from in the future. It will be at least a couple months, maybe more--I'm not sure of the best time. It has a reputation among some to be difficult to root; others say it's not. I rooted 1 of 2 cuttings last November in water, but it took 3 months. Amazing flowers. Hardy to 28 F or so.

Other less exotic things: Sparaxis tricolor, Blue eyed grass (Sisyrinchium bellum, I assume, has come up in both blue and white). Both of these grow like weeds and may be a bit invasive. Also Brugmansia 'Dr. Seuss' unrooted.

email: looking4plants@yahoo.com

Comment (1)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County