Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora Triloba

Posted by joanmary_z10 z10 Fort Lauderdale, (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 16, 06 at 22:38

My P. Trifolia died and I've tried to get another one with no luck.
My Passiflora Triloba. I moved it and it died. I'm devastated!

Is anyone interested in an exchange if you have Passiflora Triloba?

I have the following vines and I could root any of them for you:

Passiflora Lady Margaret. Butterfly larvae food
Passiflora Byrons Beauty. Gulf Frittery larvae food.
Passiflora vines. 2 others but I don't have their id's.
Aristolochia ringens small flower. Polydamus butterfly larvae food.
Aristolochia ? similar to ringens but with a huge flower. Polydamus butterfly larvae food.
Jasmine Sambac Grand Duke of Tuscony. (this is more of a shrub than a vine I have found.
Jasmine Sambac ?Maid of Orleans? same as J.S. Grand D. in growth.
clerodendron X splendens. colour red/purple/white
Stephanotis Floribunda. white 'bridal wreath' flower.
Clitorea Ternata. brilliant blue. seeds extremely well. I have seeds of this vine as well as a well rooted and flowering vine for exchange.
Stephania - It may be 'Perreiri' but I'm not sure about this. Its known for the growth of its HUGE bulb. Rare. It has a reddish sap and for the very first time I have buds on it right now. I presumed it was a non-flowering variety.
Telosma Cordata. I have small rooted vine for exchange.

Hope someone has a Passiflora Triloba for exchange!!! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora Triloba

Did you get my message?

o
Triangular Exchange

If some one has triloba and is reluctant to trade because joanmary may not have something you want, look at my list to see if I have something you may want, so joanmary can send me some Byron Beauty. Email me if that sounds good.
(So to explain: You send joanmary triloba; joanmary sends me Byron Beauty; and I send you .)

o
RE: Passiflora Triloba (correction)

I just learned a valuable lesson: don't put things in brackets <> as they come out blank. Previous message should have said, "I send you (insert plant here)."

o

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Tue, May 2, 06 at 13:27

Joanmary,

I don't have triloba, but I'm very curious about your experience growing it -- bloom season, fragrance, size, etc -- if I can find one and end up buying it, I'll send you a cutting!

Jim

o

Please forgive me for not answering earlier.
Today I was able to fina another P. Triloba after waiting such a long time. Thank you so much for offering to share. I really do appreciate it.

ethan, your idea of sharing is unique and very workable!

jimshy, I cant remember just what months I did have the triloba before it died. And it only died cause my DH objected to where I had planted it so I moved it and it Hated that move! I do know it was a very fast grower, and bloomed early and with regularity. The fragrance also wafted nicely. Its not a gardenia like fragrance as in being very flowery, rather a more musky fragrance which I loved. My plants (yes I bought 2) are still small. I'll make a note of the date today and see how fast they grow and let you know of the progress.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here