Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Passiflora pinnatistipula 'Alba'

Posted by passifreak (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 4:53

Hi,

is there somebody who knows something about P. pinnatistipula 'Alba'?

I mean where you can get some seeds from it, because you can't grow this Passionflower from cuttings only from seeds!

passifreak

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Passiflora pinnatistipula 'Alba'

Hi passifreak,

I have a friend who is REALLY looking for this plant, so if you find a source please contact me. I've heard it's only found in Europe, and actually he is/was on a trip there and it is one of the things he was hoping to find--perhaps he was successful--I need to ask.

Why is it only possible to grow from seed? I was told recently that "normal" P. pinnatistipula could be rooted from cuttings.

o
RE: please contact

Passifreak,

Could you contact me privately--I don't see your email on Gardenweb.

Thanks,

ml_gw@live.com

o

Hi mark4321,

I think you send me the E-Mail? If yes I write you an E-Mail!

I really don't know the reason, but I want to know it, too.
Yes the normal pinnatistipula roots well from cuttings. But the 'Alba' not. The cuttings create some Callus, and after that they died.

That's why I ask for seeds.

Artur

o

Here is a nice picture of it in the wild. Often white forms are a little weaker but nevertheless it should grow from cuttings but all Tacsonia can be alittle tricky. I am not sute if seed would all be white or whether most would revert to the usual colour
see http://www.passionflow.co.uk/pinni62.htm
Myles

Here is a link that might be useful: P. pinnatistipula alba

o

At a trip to Bolivia I have seen the plant around the city Copacabana at the Titicaca lake. Seed was given to two nurseries in Germany. It is true that propagation by cuttings is difficult. For this reason the nurseries don't offer at moment the white varity.

http://www.blumen-passiflora.de/randshop/themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=96&kategorieid=28&source=1

http://www.toms-treibhaus.de/Startseite/Passiflora_/passiflora_.html

o

I've been looking for this one for ages.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here