Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help me...

Posted by ninecrow Midlands UK (My Page) on
Sat, May 6, 06 at 8:00

Turn Tiny Edulis Buds into Flowers, I've been feeding with Tomerite....
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help me...

Bearing in mind that I'm not very experienced where p. edulis is concerned...

It's long been my understanding that passiflora do best when not given too much fertilizer. Particularly nitrogen, which encourages robust leafy growth but discourages budding, blooming and fruit set. You might want to cut back on the amount and frequency of feedings and see what the results are.

o

This is the Edulis is the one that I Forgot about and let dry up... So now it's in Good Growth, maybe I can cut back of the food...
Good Idea or not Guys?
Thanks

o

Hm, let us know how you get on with your edulis.. Interested to see if you get much fruit in the UK.

Unfortunately (well, fortunately, but..) I threw a load of edulis seeds in various pots around the house, as I was sulking thinking they weren't planning on germinating. And now 200+ seedlings have come up after about 3 months. Woe! :)

Melanie

o

I Will Melanie... Where are you in the UK (Can't work out these Darn Zones) And Talking of Edulis Seeds Everywhere... I pity my Poor Dad... The compost Bucket had 8 Fruits worth of seeds in it... I made something that Needed fresh Juice, not the Seeds... Oh Boy, he's Gonna kick my butt.... LOL

o
Update...

Well I have 1 Bud that's got Bigger... Don't want to say much more as I don't want it to Drop off...

o

Turn this...

into a Flower
Thanks Guys...

o

Patience is all I can suggest. That, and plenty of sun. Don't over-water and hold off on the fertilizer. You've got a bud going there. You just have to wait it out. :-)

o

He got a Good watering the other day... I won't water now till he's Dried out again...
Sun... Whats that jblaschke ?????? LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here