Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

I hate birds!!!!!!!

karyn1
16 years ago

I'm so mad! I have a bird house that has some sort of sparrow or something nesting in it. I went outside to water plants and noticed that my P. antioquensis seedlings were gone! They were only about 10" long and single stemmed but were growing well. I looked up and saw a passion vine hanging out of the nesting box!!!!! I'm so tempted to pull it out but I'm afraid that I'll dislodge a baby bird or an egg. I'm so pissed off. I've already had to deal with the chipmunks & squirrels uprooting a bunch of plants in the ground and in containers. I've tried to put all my passiflora seedlings and any other small vines out of sight so they aren't used to line that damn nest! I had a few more antioquensis seeds left but the germination rate wasn't great when they were fresh and these have been stored for a couple months : ( I used to be such a Bambi lover until we started the farm and I saw thousands of dollars of plants being destroyed by the deer. The electric fencing doesn't always keep them out either. They realize after a while that they'll only get zapped for a second. We now allow people to hunt on the property, in season (BTW I don't know how legal that is). I still personally couldn't kill an animal. I won't even kill bugs but I hope the critters in my yard don't push me to do something rash! lol

Karyn

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus