Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jblaschke

Decaloba dissertation online

jblaschke
17 years ago

I've been poking around online, obsessive type that I am, and stumbled across an interesting doctoral dissertation by Kristen E. Porter-Utley titled REVISION OF PASSIFLORA SUBGENUS DECALOBA SUPERSECTION CIECA (PASSIFLORACEAE).

For anyone who's into Decaloba, it's well worth a download (it's in PDF format). It details 19 species that make up the Cieca supersection, including such popular passiflora as Coreacea, Suberosa and the ever-fascinating xiikzodz. Each entry features a technical description of the species (which is pretty dense, even for a semi-educated lay person like myself), distribution and ecology, vernacular names, additional species examined and notes. The notes are the most accessible part of the dissertation, containing general observations and such about the individual plants. Personally, I found the whole thing quite interesting and far more useful in providing information about certain obscure species--tenuiloba, for instance--than anything else I've found on the web.

The direct link is below for anyone interested. Be warned that it's 444 pages long, for those of you (like me) who may be tempted to print the whole thing out!

Here is a link that might be useful: REVISION OF PASSIFLORA SUBGENUS DECALOBA SUPERSECTION CIECA

Sponsored