Posted by angie83 texas z9 (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 07 at 12:46

Wow got 4 blooms in one day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 crimson tear blooms in 1 day

Pretty! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom. I think that's one of the ones I got inground last week. Most of the ones I transplanted went into a bit of shock and once again dropped buds. It hasn't helped that we've had two fairly cool nights either. I was getting more blooms inside over the winter than I'm getting now but the plants do look much healthier despite the fact that they aren't in bloom.
Karyn

o

Lovely!

o

It took mine forever to bloom it doesnt like full sun at all it like morning sun and very little water I lost a ton of buds because of the rain here but I think this will be one of my favorite passifloras.

o

Wow. That is one gorgeous plant. Because of its gritensis genes, do you think it would do better in partial shade than most other passis? Or does it respond to sunlight strongly?

o

Mine is in 2 or 3 hours of morning sun but I think these would do well in shade they dont like the sun and even in the few hours of sun mine gets it still wilts alittle .But it is very hot here .I really like this passie it dont like much water and seems to adept well to anything ,it will let you know right away when its not happy it spits them buds off .I havent even added fert yet to this plant and it grows so fast only bad thing is the it breaks off branchs very easy have to be very careful when messing with shoots or they will break off.

o

Well, the good thing about broken branches is that they give you ample opportunity to make new cuttings! ;-)

o

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, May 7, 07 at 10:52

That is just beautiful!!! Thanks for shareing your experience with this one .I have one on the way and will be out looking for some where I can find enough shade or I'll have to keep it in a pot on the porch.
Chena

o

I love the color of that one. It looks real good. Good to know about the shade requirement. I have found that all the passies I have like more filtered sun, here in the desert. It doesnt seem to affect blooming, in fact they bloom better because they dont get as wilted and I guess, the sun light they do get is more intense as well.
~SJN

o

Unfortunately mine is in sun until mid afternoon. I don't really have anywhere shady enough, especialy for something that size. So far it looks good but the sun isn't terribly strong yet. Hopefully it will acclimate. I also have some brugs growing in front of it so they'll provide some shade.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here