angie83_gw

4 crimson tear blooms in 1 day

angie83
16 years ago

Wow got 4 blooms in one day.

Comments (9)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Pretty! I'm still waiting for mine to bloom. I think that's one of the ones I got inground last week. Most of the ones I transplanted went into a bit of shock and once again dropped buds. It hasn't helped that we've had two fairly cool nights either. I was getting more blooms inside over the winter than I'm getting now but the plants do look much healthier despite the fact that they aren't in bloom.
    Karyn

• aloysia
    16 years ago

Lovely!

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It took mine forever to bloom it doesnt like full sun at all it like morning sun and very little water I lost a ton of buds because of the rain here but I think this will be one of my favorite passifloras.

• jblaschke
    16 years ago

Wow. That is one gorgeous plant. Because of its gritensis genes, do you think it would do better in partial shade than most other passis? Or does it respond to sunlight strongly?

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mine is in 2 or 3 hours of morning sun but I think these would do well in shade they dont like the sun and even in the few hours of sun mine gets it still wilts alittle .But it is very hot here .I really like this passie it dont like much water and seems to adept well to anything ,it will let you know right away when its not happy it spits them buds off .I havent even added fert yet to this plant and it grows so fast only bad thing is the it breaks off branchs very easy have to be very careful when messing with shoots or they will break off.

• jblaschke
    16 years ago

Well, the good thing about broken branches is that they give you ample opportunity to make new cuttings! ;-)

• chena
    16 years ago

That is just beautiful!!! Thanks for shareing your experience with this one .I have one on the way and will be out looking for some where I can find enough shade or I'll have to keep it in a pot on the porch.
    Chena

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

I love the color of that one. It looks real good. Good to know about the shade requirement. I have found that all the passies I have like more filtered sun, here in the desert. It doesnt seem to affect blooming, in fact they bloom better because they dont get as wilted and I guess, the sun light they do get is more intense as well.
    ~SJN

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Unfortunately mine is in sun until mid afternoon. I don't really have anywhere shady enough, especialy for something that size. So far it looks good but the sun isn't terribly strong yet. Hopefully it will acclimate. I also have some brugs growing in front of it so they'll provide some shade.
    Karyn

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz