angie83_gw

first bloom

angie83
16 years ago

I havent had this long but its so cute.

Comments (11)

• aloysia
    16 years ago

Great! I can't wait to see my citrina flower!

• karyn1
    16 years ago

My citrina blooms like crazy and it's one of the easiest to root in water. That's the one passie I have that can't take sun, the leaves would burn up immediately but the flowers didn't. I had a couple that were in too much sun. They were covered in flowers but not a single leaf left on the vines. That one also bloomed throughout the winter inside for me.
    Karyn

• chena
    16 years ago

Those are sooo cute!!! I'm hoping to get some blooms open soon.....

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I've also heard them called Duckbill passiflora. You can see why.
    Karyn

• aloysia
    16 years ago

Great to know, Karyn, I was just about to put my citrina out in full sun. Really, so cute!

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

That is very cute! With the sunlight, in the photo, it looks like the leaves are variegated!! Wouldn't that be cool?

Karyn,
    OMG!!! Speaking of rooting easily in water, yesterday I found a branch of Anastasia passie had got broken off. It is a very vigorous vine, so I cut the broken part off into a few cuttings and put them in water. Wow!! this morning there is a good solid 1/4 " root on one of them. I couldn't believe it and pulled it out and looked real close and it sure it a root! So wierd. The other cutting isn't rooting yet but the one that did is from the tip! They have long internodal spaces too so i thought it would take a long time :D
    ~SJN

• karyn1
    16 years ago

SJN that is fast rooting. I've taken cuttings from the same branch and they rooted at different times.I'm not sure what the reason is. Some leaves on the citrina are slightly variegated. One of mine has yellowish/chartruse leaves with a darler green in them. It's not real obvious. I'll try and remember to take a pic.
    Karyn

• jblaschke
    16 years ago

I've been wondering why my citrina in my home office window was not growing very well after a vigorous spell in the late winter/early spring. I was afraid I was over-watering, but the soil seemed quite dry. Now I know it was getting too much sun.

I wonder if my interior office at work, with no windows, would be bright enough for it. I have porthos, nephthytis and fittonica argyroneura that are growing quite well, but those were all selected for low light tolerance.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I put my citrina under a table in the grow room over the winter because the HID lights are too bright. They are really happy under there. lol Angie I didn't notice the second photo earlier. The pink and yellow flowers are so pretty together.
    Karyn

• angie83
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thx karyn was hopin they would pollenate each other but no luck on either yet I even hand pollenate them but no fruit : (.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I had my first bloom outside today! A flower on my caerulea. Well it's not really the first one that bloomed outside but the flowers on the trifasciata are so little, they're almost invisible all covered up with foliage.
    Karyn

Sponsored