Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

P. Triloba

chena
16 years ago

Anyone growing this.. I just purchased one...It is a very sturdy looking plant.. I hope I can get some blooms this yr.. Noted as being Heat Tolerant.. that is a plus around here..

Chena

Comments (8)

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is my P. triloba. I lost the tag. It's a large vine with big heart shaped leaves. Mine started out really nice then got kind of wimpy and yellowish. As the summer wore on it really began to take off and the foliage looked great but I didn't get many blooms. I think it must like high temps and lots of humidity. It wintered over well inside so I hope I get more blooms this summer.
    Karyn

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That looks like it.. Yours looks beautiful!!! With what I've got I am afraid my porch is gonna be crowded I sure hope everyone likes the porch..LOL Do you have a P. Umbilicata?
    Didn't you get the P. Pink Festival???

• angie83
    16 years ago

I love this passiflora its very heat tolerant and its great bloomer mine bloomed alot now its got about 6 fruits and hasnt bloomed in a bit.Its a very fast grower too doesnt like alot of water.

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karyn~Angie.. What about sun exposure? I have a few that HATE it and a few that seem to tolerate it..Some more I really am just not sure.. I need the Sun God of Passi's...LOL The heat is just brutal come summer.. Everyone else may have to move inside.. DH is gonna love this...LOL OOOPS!!!
    Chena

• karyn1
    16 years ago

I have mine in full sun, the hotter the better for that one. It doesn't get wilty and seems to thrive in high temps. I water it when the top of the soil dries out.
    Karyn

• chena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OOO!!! Karyn thanks!!! I need to get it in the ground if I can..With that info ..I think I have found the perfect place...I have this old ladder that is next to an old huge oak tree. if it likes it there it would be perfect..LOL for me anyway!!!
    Thanks
    Chena

• angie83
    16 years ago

Mine is in full sun and I need to repop mine but its not fussy at all one of the easyest passie I have just not sure how im ganna repot a 6foot tall plant but Ill get it .It has to be pot bound by now.I keep mine in a pot I heard they arent very winter hardy and I love this plant to much to lose it .Only bad thing is mine is one long shoot and it hasnt branched out much .

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Angie I had to cut mine back to get it in the house last fall. The cuttings rooted well in water. Mine doesn't branch much either.
    Karyn

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio