Return to the Passiflora Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
P. Triloba

Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 07 at 15:39

Anyone growing this.. I just purchased one...It is a very sturdy looking plant.. I hope I can get some blooms this yr.. Noted as being Heat Tolerant.. that is a plus around here..
Chena

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: P. Triloba

I'm pretty sure this is my P. triloba. I lost the tag. It's a large vine with big heart shaped leaves. Mine started out really nice then got kind of wimpy and yellowish. As the summer wore on it really began to take off and the foliage looked great but I didn't get many blooms. I think it must like high temps and lots of humidity. It wintered over well inside so I hope I get more blooms this summer.
Karyn

o

• Posted by chena z7 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 07 at 18:09

That looks like it.. Yours looks beautiful!!! With what I've got I am afraid my porch is gonna be crowded I sure hope everyone likes the porch..LOL Do you have a P. Umbilicata?
Didn't you get the P. Pink Festival???

o

I love this passiflora its very heat tolerant and its great bloomer mine bloomed alot now its got about 6 fruits and hasnt bloomed in a bit.Its a very fast grower too doesnt like alot of water.

o

Fri, May 18, 07 at 13:37

Karyn~Angie.. What about sun exposure? I have a few that HATE it and a few that seem to tolerate it..Some more I really am just not sure.. I need the Sun God of Passi's...LOL The heat is just brutal come summer.. Everyone else may have to move inside.. DH is gonna love this...LOL OOOPS!!!
Chena

o

I have mine in full sun, the hotter the better for that one. It doesn't get wilty and seems to thrive in high temps. I water it when the top of the soil dries out.
Karyn

o

Fri, May 18, 07 at 15:42

OOO!!! Karyn thanks!!! I need to get it in the ground if I can..With that info ..I think I have found the perfect place...I have this old ladder that is next to an old huge oak tree. if it likes it there it would be perfect..LOL for me anyway!!!
Thanks
Chena

o

Mine is in full sun and I need to repop mine but its not fussy at all one of the easyest passie I have just not sure how im ganna repot a 6foot tall plant but Ill get it .It has to be pot bound by now.I keep mine in a pot I heard they arent very winter hardy and I love this plant to much to lose it .Only bad thing is mine is one long shoot and it hasnt branched out much .
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Angie I had to cut mine back to get it in the house last fall. The cuttings rooted well in water. Mine doesn't branch much either.
Karyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Passiflora Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here