Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zioneye

Where to get Passion Flowers

zioneye
17 years ago

Where can I obtain passion flowers of different varieties?

Z

Comments (9)

• turtledon
    17 years ago

Lowes have about 3 varieties and you can find them at times at the Nashville farmers market. Blooms nursery in Nashville has them too.

• Krstofer
    17 years ago

Yup, Lowes, Home Depot, sometimes you can get lucky at wall-mart or k-mart in their garden sections.. Pertty much anywhere that's got a garden section *might* have some.

'Cource there's always the online nurseries, but you usually get a 6" vine in a 4" pot from them, for about the same price as a 6' tall 5 gallon potted one at the store. So.. your choice. betcha you won't find any of the exotics at the store.. But if your new you don't want one of those yet anyway. Practice on something easy like caerulea or edulis.

• gw:simba-nj
    17 years ago

try home depot too...they have them from time to time.
    For a great selection, check out Logee's Greenhouses on line and Kartuz Greenhouses on line.
    Select Seed's catalog also has a few at a very reasonable price.

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I've bought a few different varities on eBay. I also have bought some nice plants from Caldwell Nursery in Tx and Zone 9 Tropicals. I have an order placed with Kartuz but have no idea what the quality will be, they take soooo long to ship their plants.

• Ethane Zizyphus
    17 years ago

I agree with krstofer in regard to the purchasing of online plants: 'You usually get a 6 inch vine in a 4 inch pot from them, for about the same price as a 6 feet tall 5 gallon potted one at the store.' Logee's has a nice selection, but they are pretty much 6 inch vines in a 2 inch pot. I've ordered some from ebay and other online stores and I recommend the seller dogwooderitter, he sends pretty long vines and I also recommend Grassy Knoll Exotics-- Elisabeth is a pleasure to work with and sends nice big plants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Grassy Knoll Exotics

• karyn1
    17 years ago

I've bought from dogwooderitter and have been very happy with the quality of his plants.

• kiwinut
    17 years ago

Just saw some at the Lowes in west Nashville, Clear Sky and Lady Margaret. Nice plants, but @ $25 each, I passed.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    17 years ago

I second grassy knoll as an excellent source. I got 3 from there last year and they were the nicest mail order passiflora that I've seen :)
    ~SJN

• mark4321_gw
    15 years ago

Another vote for Grassy Knoll Exotics--Elizabeth is great. I've never bought Passiflora or anything by mail from Kartuz, but I've bought things at their nursery itself. They are very highly regarded and good people and I would also expect them to be a good source.

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia